SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Tiny Lil'Helmet Head

Of course I think my Rue is cute. 
But then you smush her chunky cheeks into this helmet and I just fall in love all over again. 
Part of it is because my heart is hurting for her and I want to just hold her close, squeeze her and tell her how much I love her to the moon and back. So I do. Then she pinches my cheek or tries to pull my ear off :) Gosh, I just love her. 

She is doing really well. Today is post 24 hours and I feel like she is exhausted. I don't know if its possible for the band to exhaust her but between the extra, but small, weight, along with all the sweating I think it can. You may not believe me, but REALLY the sweating is amazing. That a tiny little girl could have so much sweat coming off her head is profounding. Her hair is all wet and matted down when I take the helmet off and the helmet is speckled with droplets of water. She hates when I put the helmet on. Thats the worst part. After she is her usual Rubes. She has not been a good tummy girl. She sleeps on her tummy but playing on her tummy she has never been interested in, she prefers to sit. Now with the helmet, she hates being on her tummy even more. This is a problem as at this age being on your tummy is key to growth and hitting key milestones. 

The older girls don't seem to be too fazed by Ruby being in her helmet. However, when I take it off for her breaks, Peyton always finds it and sneaks off with it. I haven't figured out why or where she's going, but I kind of thing she wants to put it on her baby! The outer part of her helmet is a sold plastic life material. It apparently is begging to be tapped on as I find my husband tapping on it anytime he is holding Ruby!


1 comment :

  1. She's SO cute!!!
    Praying she adjusts to tummy time soon 💖

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!!