SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Whack attack

I have a problem. I am a walking sign for weirdos. I constantly have weird things, or rather PEOPLE, coming up to me or interacting with me. I've had several in the past, especially with having cute little Ellee with me on many occasions, but today it was Ellee as well as Belly that attracted some attention.

My first problem is the fact that I do alot of shopping at Wal-mart. Thats like a welcome sign for some odd balls. Obviously, I shop there :) haha
Anyways, this woman comes up to me in the beauty aisle and asks me in very broken english with a very strong spanish accent how many "months" is Ellee. After double asking, I finally figured out what she was asking and said 16 months. From there the questions flooded in and I felt horrible for not being able to understand her and I had to say pardon a million times.
Then she says:
" and now you have Boy!"
" Boy?"
"Yes! Is boy!"
"Nope! Its a girl they tell me!"
"NOOOOO. Is boy!"
"Well, they said 99% girl!"
"Belly is round. Like boy"
"Yes....so Ive been told. "
"Let me see!"
She then proceeds to lift up my unzipped jacket and literally do a 360 around me in the aisle. Dissecting my belly, back and butt.
After spending her minute of checkout time, she informs me.
"Yupp, is boy."
What do I say to this? Not only have I just had my personal bubble invaded but she is also demanding that I agree its a boy.
My only response:
"I'd let you know in 2 weeks if I knew you..."
"Have a nice day!"
"You too?..."
Hahah.

I could come up with several other occasions to enlighten you all on in which weird, actually more like people-with-no-personal-bubble-invading-alarms, as well as people-who-say-things-they-shouldnt-to-people-they-dont-even-know have approached me.
I had another encounter just 2 weeks ago in which the target check out lady told me how cute Ellee was, then saw my belly:
"Youre pregnant again?!"
"Well yes!"
"how old is she? How far apart are they? Was it a surprise?"
"Well shes 16 months and they'll be about 17 months apart. It was a wonderful surprise."
"Wow. Are you gonna get on birth control after this?"
Sayyy whatttt?!?!?!?!??

I could enlighten everyone on all my interesting experiences however we may be here all night.
And I am tired :)

 

2 comments :

  1. AHAHAHA. Please tell me you remember the name of that cashier so I can smack her from here to there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once in Kroger, the cashier asked how old JS was, and I told her he is one, and then she asked if I had anymore children, and I said "no." And the lady behind me said "She better not, she's too young to have kids." Some people just have no tact. Keep in mind, I'm almost 24...I know most women are having kids later, but I was definitely not even close to a candidate for "Teen Mom."

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!!