SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans and Upcoming activities

The weekend was relatively usual, except Matt worked most of Saturday doing some carpentry for a friend. And then he played basketball most of Sunday afternoon. But Saturday we palyed outside and enjoyed the day.  Regardless that it felt like a weekday workday I was bent on relaxing and not doing anything too work like. I did go to the grocery store. Interesting, as usual. In the middle of checking out Ellee grabbed Peyton's hand, slowly selected her victim of the 5 fingers and then bit down on her middle finger leaving teeth marks. BIZARRE. I still have no idea what posessed her to do such a thing but I am SURE it won't happen again. 
That afternoon Ellee was outside and I was inside. I all the sudden hear her screaming at ridiculous decibels. Why? She can hear the ridiculous music of the ice cream truck. Our mistake of course for introducing such a thing to her.  Here's what I caught on video. 

You can check out my Instagram for her ending excitement once she got her well sought after ice cream.
That night we ended at the home depot and Menards. Its taken about 24 years for me to like that store :) 
We drove by a diary queen, so of course we swung by, its definitely my weakness. A midnight truffle blizzard NEVER gets old. 
Peyton loved it. She hadn't got any ice cream that day and it kept her ridiculously happy through Menards. 

The summer months are upon us. Which is secret code for busyness. I am so relieved to be done school, but that doesn't mean things slow down!
I head to Saskatchewan on Thursday and the usual anal way that I plan and organize our life, I am looking ahead at the next two months and planning how everything should go, and how to help it go smoothly. It's filled with trips to Canada and Wisconsin, and plenty of visitors in chicago. One of the bigger ventures is a camping trip with the dudgeon side in Wisconsin. 2 kids under two camping....does this scare anyone besides me?if I being honest I am actually a little worried aim going to lose a kid. Ellee is so quick to wander and live her life how she pleases that she'd probably leave us to go do something on her own. I need to be prepared and be on high alert the whole time, it may be a very draining experience, but it will definitely have some memories, I think. We've rented a cabin, good thing which good for multiple reasons. 2 kids, and the fact that it keeps ellee contained so she can't run lose on us at night time. Also I don't want to interrupt the people sleeping in tents with the sound of shouting toddlers instead of the nightly crickets. 
The there's my sisters wedding in July. Matt and I are both standing up and then the girls are flower girls. No, I am not joking. Thank goodness we're bringing a "Nanny". 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!