SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vacation recap, and life this week!

 So we spent a week in Seattle visiting Matt's brother and sister-in-law. It was a tonne a fun. Even though we packed a lot into a small period of time we wouldn't have had it any other way. We got away from the everyday busy-ness of our life at home and got to spend some quality time together. This vacation was especially good for Ellee, since she got to spend so much time with her papa! It really helped them bond I feel like and she lights up even more when he comes home from work now. Which is great considering once the baby comes I am not be able to be number one in Ellee's life 24/7! :S

One of the best parts of the trip was we were able to take a little mini moon anniversary trip together to Vacnouver. We left Ellee with the family and headed north :) I am making myself sound like a wretched mother. But it was much enjoyed and greatly appreciated. It was MY first night away from ellee. My first 24 hours away from her. It was so nice to be going to bed and waking up with responsibilities. I might add though, as relaxing as it was to be away. I wouldn't want to spend my days any other way then with my ellee-bug!
 
 Here's us at our 3rd anniversary dinner. It was some serious fine-italian dining. I even had to ask the waiter what a couple things were :S
'
And of course quality time was spent with cousins :) 
 
And apparently a fun time was had by all. Ellee passed out on the plane thank goodness as she didnt get her own seat on the way home. After my holding her for 1.5 hours and my feet feeling numb matt took her for the next hour of sleep. Him being a dudgeon he had no issue finding a comfortable sleeping position for himself and her. Wait, let me correct myself. He's a dudgeon. He could probably sleep upside down with his hands tied to his ears!
Oh and look at this sooooooooo adorable hat. I am in love. We found it at pike place market and I had to purchase. I would have purchased for both our girls except, it was like 32 bucks for one. This was definitely our seattle souvenir :) haha

And of course, once getting back home we got right back to the huzzle and buzzle of our usual busy lives. We started off the first day back as matt's 27th birthday! (I should really break all of this into several posts but meh!)
Matt made his request for dinner and we had chicken bacon alfredo, bread (of course, bread is required with all his meals), cherry pepsi's topped off with a DQ ice cream cake.




Matt informed me a picture of myself was necessary since I took one of them. Ha.

 Unfortuantely the day after his birthday matt was sick. Ellee seems to be contracting something too. Matt has a sinus infection ellee seems to just have a cold or some bug. She was sick on our vacation too so I am not sure whats going on. I actually think it might just be some allergies acting up.
 Ellee's hair is long enough that I purchased I comb! Sooooooo cute! When its wet I can even come it down and the ends curl right up. I had to get a pic!

 OH and Sunday!! Matt was still sick so we stayed in most of the day. Which was fine...SINCE THERE WAS TONNES OF FOOTBALL ON!!!!!! Unfortunately the packers started the season off with a loss. Not my preferred opening, but hey, get the loss out of the way and end the season 15-1 again :)
Little baby dudge is coming soo soon! I am soo excited. I don't know why it took this long to get so excited but I am seriously through the roof! Yay!!! I can't wait to meet this sweet little thing. She already seems like a firecracker though...maybe that means red hair? We'll find out soon enough!


And here is Ellee bug today! Working her way through some spaghetti-os. What was I thinking. But she loved it, so messes are always worth it :)

2 comments :

  1. I love the pic of them sleeping in the plane! Very sweet. Also, where did you get the pink top? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ur referring to my top, its from charlotte russe. Its so comfy, matt doesnt like it tho i dont think. Too much pattern for him. hahah! If ur referring to baby's pink clothing, they're carters brand :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!!