SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

DIY-easy fun decor

Ellee's getting big and I'm learning quickly what she loves: freedom and art. Freedom involves going outside as much as possible all day long and not wearing shoes. And in general being able to what she wants for herself all by herself. Art is pretty self explanatory. She has watercolor paints and tonnes of crayons, she loves markers and any sort of craft associated activity, this is why I think she
Likes to cook as well. 
I decided I needed to fill some wall space and I knew wanted to incorporate ellee into the project. I bought 3 small little bottles of paint that I felt could match our living room, and hopefully would stand out against eachother. I was only slightly successful in finding some that didn't meld together (as Matt quickly pointed out when he got home. Boys...) but I love what turned out and love that ellee had a blast. 

Shortly after she had been using her hands. I was sitting beside her doing something and I look over to see she has her hands paint covered about an inch above my arm. She's holding them very still. She picks up her head from looking at her hands and says in the most mischievous way
 "I'm gonna touch you..."
All while hold her hands and inch from my bare arm. 
And then of course I laughed hysterically and she proceeded to try to touch me as I tried to stop laughing so she wouldn't touch me with her paint hands. 
Of course i should leave the more intricate things of my life to my husband as I just don't hold the finesse for perfection like he does. So yes, these are kind of uneven... Character right?
But they turned out cute and I used a paint marker to draw some simple random art on top. Nothing perfect but I love it. 
After She painted them and I drew on them I used modpodge to kind of finish them off. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!