SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Small Hospital Visit

Yesterday night before heading to the usual Wednesday bible study meeting I had my weekly appointment with my OB.
We were running a little late. Matt and Ellee were both with me as the hospital is about a mile from the Hall. So, we walk  in, briskly. Then forfeit the elevator since we dont have the stroller and hike up the stairs. We get in an basically don't even wait since were late as it is. Whats the first thing they do once we get in there? Take my BP. 148/91. Hm not good. I am veryyyyyy aware of this.

The nurse departs after doing the BP and measurements and my OB comes in after about 5 minutes. Basically informs me I'll be getting shipped to the hospital if she takes me BP in 5 minutes and its still high. It was. Off to the hospital, Matt and Ellee in tow.

Now if this doesn't make your BP go up a little I dont know what does. I was feeling very calm till they made me put the horrible robe on and strapped up all the monitors and then I realized, they might put an IV in! One of my WORST memories of Ellee's birth was the IV. OUCHHHHH.
But no they only stuck me once for a million viles of blood :o.

So we waited, and waited...and waited. They had to process the blood work and they also wanted to get my BP for at least an hour every 15 minutes. And as we thought it was down almost immediately. All 120/80 and lower. Nothing to worry about. And then all the blood work came back, and absolutely normal. So normal I didn't have to do a 24 hour pee test! I do have to go see my OB again tomorrow morning. So we'll have to see what she says if my BP is up even a little.
She brought up possibly inducing next Wednesday, I am 37 weeks/full term as of then, if the BP is still out of sorts. Not exactly ideal, but it has its positives in planning purposes.

Bed rest might come up too. But bed rest with a 16 month old? Yea right. Thats a joke.

Ellee did so well at the hospital. I was literally strapped to the bed so there was no way I could even help Matt. But he entertained her even amidst her hunger and tiredness.

Here's a video clip of the sources of entertainment matt came up with :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!