SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 10, 2012

Beaches & Babes. Literally!

As promised, here is the newest weekly picture of baby belly. I missed my 22 week picture. I know, shouldnt have. But with being away from home and such, there just wasnt a prime opportunity. Plus I did not bring my DIY chalkboard on the 6 hour car ride. But when you have a 13 month old with you make that like... 7 hour car ride :)

I actually kind of hate this picture. Buttt...we'll see if I update with a different one! :)


One of the last things we squeezed in while still at my parents was a trip to the beach. I miss this incredibly.
7 minutes.
That's how far it is in the car to the sand. So wonderful. If only it was the same here! Somehow lake Huron tops out lake Michigan on all charts. Lake Huron is always just so nice and great and I have no negative things to say about it :)







I am pretty sure Ellee didn't either. She thoroughly enjoyed her time there. As did I. My skin has a nice brown tinge to it :) At first I took her out about 15-20 feet or so and the water was up to my waist. I put her in the floaty and got down beside her. The waves freaked her out though, or angered her might be a better word. But I never thought about it from her perspective. If your level with the water those waves probably look like gigantic mountains, like what you'd see on TV in Hawaii or the pacific coast somewhere. It resulted in her screaming and then hitting the water in anger. I brought her back in and then she rolled in the sand and ate some of it and then ventured back to the shore. This she found to be amazing. She'd crawl right up and then the water would come out and lap her in the belly she'd squeal and clap and run away. When she realized it wasn't chasing her, she'd turn around and go back, and so repeat the process many times :)
What a cute little stink she is. I tried my best in the pictures to grasp the sheer enjoyment and pleasure but really didn't get any smiley pictures. She LOVED it though!!!!







Oh and did I mention a fun and EXHAUSTING time was had by all :)










But we're home now. And sooooo happy to be home. There's a mess in my foyer, Ellee's carseat needs to be washed again, clothes to be folded, floors to be vacuumed, and grass to be cut among many many other things. But we're home and so happy to be back to a family of 3 :) We sure missed Matt!!!!! He's dealing okay with the 6 hour time change. He made it almost till 9 before thoroughly conking out. Hopefully he stays out all night and I don't wake up to him pacing beside the bed at 3 am like last time he went to Belgium on business :S.

But we still miss nana and poppop!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!