SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 30, 2012

Peyton Valerie

She's here. And well. Thank you Lord.

What a long night though. I was definitely in labor all of Wednesday and things picked up quickly after 8pm. We made it to the hospital about 10. The pains just started to crowd in together at 2-4 minutes apart. Epidural, yes please. So nice to not feel any pains but uncomfortable for positioning and trying to sleep. So not much sleep happened. By 630am the baby was coming.
And after much ridiculous shouting and weird words of pushing she arrived. It was such an entirely different birth experience then Ellee's. I was aware. I was conscious. And I cared. Kind of. The funny thing was as soon as she got here I was like, "thas a big baby!". She isn't really. Only 6.10 perfect in size. But with Peyton being almost a whole pound bigger then Ellee was, I really noticed a difference. Peyton has so much more chub then Ellee did too :) But she came on her time (and the Lords). And that makes me happy. 40 minutes after I was supposed to report for my scheduled induction. :)

What a blessing.

When reading while in labor I came across Psalm 30:5. It was such a comfort and reminder that the Lord was with me and very aware of the entire process I was about to go through.
The latter part of the verse reads
"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning"

Surely  enough before breakfast, there was joy.

Our God truly is an awesome God and Matt and I will forever be reminded with our wonderful blessings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!