SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pit and Peak Thursday

I can't remember where I heard this term before, the pit and peak, but I think its perfect. I am not saying the for every pit of my Thursday I'll tell you one peak, I intend to tell you 2 peaks for every pit. Like parenting, I feel each correction should be followed with double the encouragement.
And I am being realistic. I am not going to sit here and tell you that my Thursday was only full of peaks. There were endless things to be thankful for in my day, but there were some that kind of were bummer too. 
Peak: The excitement on this girl's face when she gets to wear a 'pretty dress'. She loves dresses and insists on pink and purple crayons all the time. Such a girl. She loved spinning in her dress and I had to get some shots.
Peak: Meeting the Hubs for lunch today. We saved money and had a little 'leftovers picnic' filled with twice baked potatoes, yogurt, hummus, and watermelon. It was delightful. Peyton loved the freedom and was so happy to run wild!  
Pit: It was hot. Yes the girls got to wear sundresses and loved it but, there was a reason I haven't been praying for summer. I really don't like it that much unless the beach is in my backyard... 
Peak: Being reminded of how beautiful this child is. She is so happy and so sweet. I am so thankful for her. I can't wait for the years ahead and the time I'll get to see her grow. I dreamt she was a toddler again the other night. I drove into the driveway and little 15month old Ellee, very little haired, all big brown eyes, and baby chub standing waiting for me. It was such a vivid dream. It made me slightly sad, and then I see this. I love this little lady and what personality she has developed.  
Peak: How much they like each other. They embraced the open grass and dandelions together at Matt's work. Runnning around like wild flower children I was surprised shoes didn't come off more quickly! Look how sweet they are holding hands.
Peak: The hot weather. Isn't it funny how the peaks and pits can fall into line together? I love when my girls are happy, and water sure makes them happy. With the warm weather I was finally able to answer the request Ellee had the first spring day she was outside: for 'baffing sweets' and 'schwimmin' (That's bathing suits and swimming :) )
Pit: I was out of swim diapers...Peyton pooped in her suit...yuck. 
Peak: What a cuddle bug this girl is. And how much she is like me. She got out of her bath and she was shivering like crazy, in convulsions almost (I shiver like this also, its like a mini seizure you'd think there was something wrong with us) And I wrapped her in the blanket and she sat on my lap cuddled in for almost 15 minutes. I of course then got worried she'd pee on me so diapered her up and then cuddled her into my bed. She stayed wrapped up for a long time. So sweet.  
Pit: The hot weather. This again you ask. I forgot to mention our A/C is broken. Its been 80 degrees in the house all day. And my kids being like me, are not heat lovers either, unless they are IN water. Ellee didn't nap and I had to put Peyton in the basement.  

1 comment :

I love reading comments!!