SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nursery!

So the nursery has turned out absolutely fabulous. Baby dudge will love it. In time of course, when she can appreciate the amzing chevron pattern and colors incorporated :)






All the painting is done, clothing is situated, even got some decor going on. There's only a couple things I need to get together.
#1. The curtains. The current vanilla ones will be getting the boot as this nursery was made for something bold and fun! I am thinking pink polka dots like the changing pad cover or going for a green tone from the bumper. If I go for the green which I really like the idea of, I'll need to incorporate more green in hence I would purchase a nice rug to go with. Obviously not kelly green, but that soft lime-baby green. Not to mention they need to be the heavy blackout kind so little one can catch some serious naps so mommy keeps her sanity :) Obviously if I dont find any options a white would still make a statement with great contrast against the walls.
#2. The afore mentioned Rug. Something to break up all the open carpet space in there!
#3. The rocker. Currently in the family room needs to find its way to the nursery for a short, but maybe extended period of time :)
#4. A light. Ive been keeping my eye out for something on sale. Target or wal-mart of course. White, simple, classy. I am thinking a nice stand up lamp would be great as that could go right beside the rocking chair. Even better would be if it had different levels of brightness so I am not killing myself in the night with bright lights!
#5. Other odds and ends. I'd personally love a little bookshelf of some kind. I think 3 of those small white cubes would look great against the wall with the window. An end table, to put by the rocker. This will basically just be for me so I can keep a beverage nearby. White floating shelves. I was thinking before of putting this on the tree wall but now I think it'd be cute to get a couple short ones that I can stagger down the wall where I am putting a mirror (which is still being finishing repainted pink so not in the pics)

But really. This baby can come. I am so over being pregnant, it really does get old. Yea, yea. I'll miss it when its gone. Does one really miss, constantly needing to pee, sore feet, fat belly, incessant heartburn, exhaustion, low motivation and don't get me started on not being able to wear my regular clothing.  And yes, it IS all worth it in the end. But 9 months really is long enough. Did you know dogs only carry for 2 months? Crazy. At least were not elephants carrying for almost 2 years :)

 
















Needless to say we   don't carry as long as elephants but I sure am getting to look like an elephant...

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!