SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sick read (may contain too much information)

This past week was quite possibly the most sickness I've ever seen.  There was way too much you know what happening and being a mama means being in the middle of it all.  Thank goodness papa was willing to try. 
Let me explain try.  When I met matt I didn't know if his stomach was tough or not.  Not till we were married did I find out how weak it is.  Actually,  when we had our first baby.  The weird thing is I didn't change a single diaper in the hospital.  I was so ill post birth that he was the one doing all that.    But new mom's  know,   those first diapers aren't really bad if you're nursing.  It's when real food starts. 
I remember coming home one day from work and matt had picked up ellee at the sitters house, she was probably 6 months. I walked in the door and he was standing there with this look on his face.  All he said was I got sick.  And I threw her clothes out. 
If I recall,   I laughed in disbelief. 
Fast forward to last Wednesday when ellee emptied the contents of her post dinner stomach all over the car.  Oh. My. Goodness.
The first thoughts of my mind were,  "I am in this by myself". So I voiced them and like any Dudgeon it became a challenge to him. And I am so grateful for his efforts.  But then he emptied the contents of his stomach. Is this TMI?  (too much information) I'll add a disclaimer to the title.
However,  the closest facilities for him happened to be....my washer. Ugh. Don't worry. I ran it like 5 times and then a bleach cycle. Yuck.
So this was last Wednesday.  Ellee seemed to be back to her normal self Thursday night. By Friday at noon both matt and I were feeling pretty sick. What I don't get, is how we both weren't better till basically Monday night/ Tuesday morning and she conquered it so quickly?! Oh well.
With how crummy I was feeling I'm glad it was me not her. I just wish it was staggered on matt and I so we both didn't have it the same time.
But alas, Such Is life. And we lived and are well :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!