SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Could have went the rest of my life without reading that...



As mom, I have struggled day to day. Some would probably look at my life and say I have the luxury of sitting at home and doing nothing. No, I don't. I can choose to sit and do nothing. But myself, am just not programmed that way. I am sitting her blogging and thinking about all the things that I need to accomplish. Just finished dinner prep, the dishes need to be done and loaded, theres a couple loads of laundry I need to tackle, bills need to be paid, I have schoolwork to complete and yada yada yada.
And here's the generic answer of  "I love being a stay at home mom". And yes, it is hard at times, and yes it is magnificently rewarding as well.
I read an article once about when you get married you don't marry that man for yourself. You marry him for him. And it never really occurred to me that I did do that. I married Matt because I loved him and I wanted to make him happy. Of course he makes me happy, but I do truly love to make him happy. I think I could say the same for him. We put our selfishness aside for another person.
When we had kids, they were planned and blessed to us by God. We hadn't planned to have kids then but God had. And we consider ourselves blessed all the more because of them. Its not hard either, for us to see how they have made us even a little more selfless. 
Now...Monday I started my day off by reading a blog post. Ugh. Just ugh.

I was angry. Furious maybe even. Why shouldn't I be? This article was basically written to me. The girl who got married at 19, had a baby at 21, and another at 23. It baffles me that someone wrote this. That this person thinks that the most important things in life are jobs, travel, money, and having kids and getting married are absolutely absurd and unacceptable.
But today, I am not furious. Not upset. I am not even mad at her anymore. I have pity for the author. I think it very unfortunate if she will live her entire life through with no kids and no spouse, but she may be the biggest lawyer, the best doctor, or traveled the whole world.  It doesn't sound like she knows the love of God either, so really she will have nothing. How unfortunate for her. 
But, maybe she will still have her mother around (the woman who birthed her, raised her, probably had a baby shower for her) to talk to and share some quality time with.

So after starting my Monday morning with "I could have went the rest of my life without reading this post", I now have great pity and sympathy for this poor woman who maybe is just so unhappy with her selfish life she has no other outlet then to blog about how Mom's and Wives are ruining the female gender in society. 
I now have the privilege of PRAYING for her.

Now my laundry may not seem important, and the dishes may seem insignificant but they are all tasks that come together in raising my children. They show cleanliness, hygiene, and responsibility among many other things to them. I don't know what kind of daughters I am raising; nurses, teachers, mechanics, business women, missionaries, or MOMS. But I know I will raise them in the fear of the Lord and show them by my example necessary characteristics for life. 

I am blessed to say I am a mom.
I am blessed to say I have a husband. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!!